Meridian Township Police Honor Award Recipients
Ceremony honored citizens, volunteers, and law enforcement officers
MERIDIAN TOWNSHIP, MI — On Thursday, February 21, 2019, the Meridian Township Police Department held its annual Awards Ceremony. The event recognized contributions made by citizens, departmental volunteers, and law enforcement officers during the past year. In addition, the 2018 Officer of the Year was awarded.
Certificate of Appreciation
Police Personnel Awards
Letter of Appreciation
Life Saving Award
Unit Citation for Professional Excellence
Officer of the Year Award
Sergeant Chris Lofton has been a dedicated employee of the Meridian Township Police Department since 2004. He is a widely respected shift supervisor whose professionalism and work ethic serve as an example to others. Throughout the years, he has taken on various responsibilities in the Department. These responsibilities include his service as a Patrol Officer, Investigator, Field Training Officer, Hostage Negotiator and Crisis Intervention Team Instructor. He currently is a Sergeant commanding one of the Department’s road patrol shifts. The Department is proud to recognize Sergeant Chris Lofton as the 2018 Officer of the Year.
· Office Depot, 2020 W. Grand River Ave Okemos (Best Buy Plaza)
· Gallagher Law/Simplified Tax, 6025 N. Hagadorn, East Lansing - vacant bank in Carriage Hills.
Ribbon Cuttings/Opening Dates Announced (some estimated):
· Launch Trampoline Park, Meridian Mall Gordman’s Space. February 2019
Commercial use under construction
· VIP Nail Bar, 3552 Meridian Crossings, Okemos
· Soldans Pet Supply, 2283 W. Grand River Ave. Relocation expected in Mid 2019
· Portnoy and Tu, 2476 Jolly Road, Okemos. Relocation for dentist office.
· X-Golf, 4950 Marsh Road, Okemos. Indoor golf driving range in Target Shopping Center
· Paradise Indian Restaurant, 4760 Marsh Road, Okemos (former McAllisters)
· Diamond Nails, 4749 Central Park Drive, Okemos (former Hampton Jewelers)
· Pizza Hut, 3320 E. Lake Lansing Road
· J-Dubb’s Signature Subs, 2160 W. Grand River Ave, Okemos (former Subway)
· Big Lots, 2020 W. Grand River Ave, Okemos (Best Buy Plaza)
· Panera Bread, 2080 W. Grand River Ave, Okemos. Demo and rebuild BD Mongolian Grill.
· Firestone Complete Auto Care, 2700 E. Grand River Ave, East Lansing. Repurposing Auto Repair facility
· Orthopedic Rehab Specialists, 5100 Marsh Road, Suite G, Okemos
Residential or Long Term Construction/Phasing
· Chamberlin Townhouses, Chamberlin Way, Haslett. Off Marsh Road north of Lake Lansing Road
· Ingham County Medical Care Facility, 3860 Dobie Road, Okemos. 64,000 square foot (48 room) addition
· Marriot Courtyard, Meridian Crossing Drive. 105 rooms
· Elevation, 2362 Jolly Oak Road, Okemos. 350+ residential units
· New Hope Church, 2170 E. Saginaw Road, East Lansing
Approved/not yet commenced
· Silverstone Estates, 25 single family residential homes at Powell Road north of Grand River
· Copper Creek Condominiums, 45 acres NE corner of Haslett & Van Atta. 102 residential lots.
· O’Reilly Auto Parts, 2703 Grand River Ave East Lansing. Former Paul Revere Tavern Site.
· LaFontaine FCA Dealership, NE Corner Powell Road and Grand River Ave, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram
· Fox Nissan Dealership, Grand River Ave east of Central Park, next to existing Panera
· Fedewa Homes, 1730 Chief Okemos Circle – two apartment buildings totaling 15 units
· Hannah Farms East, mixed use/student housing proposed at Eyde Pkwy **dormant for now**
· Subway, 2160 W. Grand River Ave, Okemos.
· Salvation Army, 2655 E. Grand River Ave, East Lansing
· Hallmark, 1657 Haslett Road, Haslett. Haslett Village Square
· Vitamin Shop, 2090 W. Grand River Ave, Okemos
For more information or questions regarding specific projects, please click on the link below or call Chris Buck at 517-528-4770. You can also email Chris at email@example.com.
Visit the Township website at: Meridian Township